POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 13 Nov 2009 13:37:52
Message: <4afda780@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> ...or, maybe a fireman. Yeah, because that way, you have all of the
> above, *and* there's a totally real possibility that _you_ will die
> today as well. Or maybe just be horribly injured and maimed for life. If
> you die, your body will probably never even be found. That must be great.

Dude its REALLY not that bad!

The -best- feeling I have -ever- felt in my life was when I helped save
someone else's - it givens -meaning-. Real firemen don't sit around all day
torturing themselves with these kinds of thoughts. Sure, it CAN happen, but
man, offset it with a little child whose life -YOU- saved, who would be dead
if you weren't there and willing to risk your life...

ONE life saved makes all the times yours was risked, completely worthwhile.

> I guess compared to that, being screamed at for 8 hours by irate
> customers isn't do bad.

Probably not. But with ultimate failure (risking your own death to save
others) you also  have the ultimate reward - saving someone's life.

I would not have traded the times I was in danger for anything in the world,
for I managed to do something universally right in every culture, religion
and society on Earth - I have helped save innocent life.

ANY risk and ANY possible loss is worth that.
--
Stefan Viljoen