POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good old fashions hard work in a movie : Re: Good old fashions hard work in a movie Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good old fashions hard work in a movie
From: nemesis
Date: 13 Nov 2009 12:32:52
Message: <4afd9844$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>> I don't see animating a CG model is any less work than animating a
>> clay model.
>
> For one thing, if you make a mistake, you have to start the take over
> again. You can't just say "oh, I forgot he didn't blink for 2 minutes.
> Let's add some blinks and re-render."

more probably some photoshopping, as render is far more expensive than
taking a shot in the puppet case... ;)

> Plus, I expect it's a lot easier to rig a CGI model than a puppet. :-)

Not quite rigging, but it is known that Pixar manually models their
characters and then 3D scan them.  They don't make 3D models in Maya or
something.  I wonder if they do something like that in the case of
rigging...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9