POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good old fashions hard work in a movie : Re: Good old fashions hard work in a movie Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good old fashions hard work in a movie
From: nemesis
Date: 12 Nov 2009 23:22:40
Message: <4afcdf10@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/fantasticmrfox/
>
> I wonder if there's *any* CGI beyond the titles and digitizing of the
> film and such.

I don't see animating a CG model is any less work than animating a clay
model.  Keyframes still need to be manually setup, talent required is
the same.  The only difference is that there is automatic interpolation
from frame to frame and this results in far smoother end animation.
Plus, particle effects and crowd animations are far cheaper.  OTOH,
lighting is not. :)

I find it weird when I see backslashes against CG in CG-geared
communities...