POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick C++ question... : Re: Quick C++ question... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick C++ question...
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2009 17:55:13
Message: <4afc9251$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Yes it does. I didn't say it was bad. I just said I never found the need
> to use one. The existent mechanisms were already sufficient.

Altho your point of a public class with an embedded iterator is a good one.
I even expect C# uses embedded classes to implement that in the libraries,
now that you mention it. Of course, the name isn't exposed outside the class
in any way, so it's hard to tell without reading actual source code.
Instead, there's a call called "getEnumerator" or something on the
collection that returns something that inherits the Enumerator interface or
some such. You don't directly instantiate an iterator, but rather ask the
class for one.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)