POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : possible #switch error : Re: possible #switch error Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:10:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: possible #switch error
From: clipka
Date: 12 Nov 2009 16:55:40
Message: <4afc845c$1@news.povray.org>
Brickman Brick schrieb:

> Could it be some hardware failure? Today, e.g. I am unable to reproduce
> the error (even in the virtual machine). But I think it will show up
> again in the future.

Pretty much unlikely.

I'd rather suspect some very obscure situation that's not handled
properly in POV-Ray. The parser /does/ have at least one of those (for
instance, there's a very rare situation in which forgetting a single
closing parenthesis will actually /crash/ POV-Ray on a Windows machine).

The apparent randomness of the symptoms would strongly indicate a
"dangling pointer" or some such being involved.