POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : go! : Re: go! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: go!
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2009 16:50:04
Message: <4afc830c$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> because that's what is left on the web after Sun's goals for desktop
> java apps got spoiled by Microsoft with their own incompatible Java
> runtime.

I think you need to listen to less hype and read more actual accounts of
what happened there. MS's JVM passed more of Sun's compatibility tests than
Sun's did.  Java applets sucked *everywhere* from incompatibility, at least
as broken as HTML was, even from V1.0, long before MS wrote their own JVM.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)