POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Nov 2009 15:51:45
Message: <4afc7561$1@news.povray.org>
>> True. I've always though being some kind of doctor must be the worst
>> job ever.
>
> But the benefits, knowing that you have helped others, saved lives and
> made lives more bearable. Not to mention the money :)

I don't know, man. One failure is like a billion too many...

http://www.xkcd.com/431/

>> The look of hatred and anger in their loved one's eys. The lawsuits
>> and charges of incompetence and negligence. The violence from enraged
>> kin. It must be hell on Earth.
>
> I think that you overstate it ;)

Like I say, if I knew that somebody had *died* because I didn't do
everything I could - nah, if I vaguely *suspected* I didn't do
everything I could - I don't think I could go on living in this world.

And the distraught relatives who will blame you whether it's your fault
or not surely don't help either...

> Well my father was a fireman and I grew up in a fire station, from the
> age of 3 to 22. The job can be dangerous but they are trained for it so
> it is not as dangerous as you would think.

Well, let's think about this. The building could randomly implode at any
second. So by "training" do you mean "if it might implode, they just
don't go in there"?

>> I guess compared to that, being screamed at for 8 hours by irate
>> customers isn't do bad.
>
> That has its own stresses. I believe the average burnout rate in
> customer service factories is about two years. Although I have worked
> for companies (Coca Cola UK in MK for one) where people worked for years.

I was thinking more of managemant consoltant or computer concultant or
something, but sure...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/