POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Nov 2009 14:54:45
Message: <4afc6805$1@news.povray.org>
>>> You *do* have the resource kit for your OS, right?
>>
>> No. I've tried multiple times to obtain it, but apparently it can't be
>> done. (Or rather, not without coughing up large sums of money anyway...)
>
> I just pointed you at the free download.

And I'm just astonished that after years of searching, you managed to
find this in 10 seconds.

>>> Why wouldn't it? That's the whole point of Tcl stubs.
>> What's a Tcl stub?
>
> It's like a DLL export table, only for Tcl. It's so new versions of the
> interpreter still work with old compiled extentions.

Right. Last time I looked at Tcl extensions, I couldn't make any use of
them because you have to recompile the interpretter to run them. Are you
saying that's no longer the case?

>>> Yes, because there aren't any services on Windows. :-)
>
>> I meant that usually only programs specially written to be run as a
>> service can be run as a service. :-P
>
> Usually, yes. But all you really need is the service event loop.

Mmm. The fun thing about srvany.exe is that stopping the service
forcibly kills the wrapped program. But hey, what else can you do? ;-)

>> I didn't say "it's impossible", I said "it's impossible with X".
>> Different thing.
>
> You must admit, you often use the word "impossible" more broadly than is
> applicable. :-)

Sure, whatever.

>> (Also, my boss never, ever asks me things. He *tells* me things...)
>
> Those can be requests.

But usually they aren't.

"Hey Andrew, I've disabled roaming profiles. We don't need them."

That's not a request. That's not even "I think we _should_ do this".
That's "I just _did_ this".

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/