POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2009 14:21:48
Message: <4afc604c$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> You *do* have the resource kit for your OS, right?
>
> No. I've tried multiple times to obtain it, but apparently it can't be
> done. (Or rather, not without coughing up large sums of money anyway...)

I just pointed you at the free download.

>> Why wouldn't it? That's the whole point of Tcl stubs.
> What's a Tcl stub?

It's like a DLL export table, only for Tcl. It's so new versions of the
interpreter still work with old compiled extentions.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3E972E9A-E08A-49A2-9D3A-C0519479E85A&displaylang=en

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nt4+resource+kit+download

>> Yes, because there aren't any services on Windows. :-)

> I meant that usually only programs specially written to be run as a
> service can be run as a service. :-P

Usually, yes. But all you really need is the service event loop.

There's even an extention that lets you run any Tcl code as a windows service.

>> If every request from your boss is answered with "That's impossible",
>> I'm not surprised you're not earning a living wage.
>
> I didn't say "it's impossible", I said "it's impossible with X".
> Different thing.

You must admit, you often use the word "impossible" more broadly than is
applicable. :-)

> (Also, my boss never, ever asks me things. He *tells* me things...)

Those can be requests.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)