POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pain : Re: Pain Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pain
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 12 Nov 2009 14:20:47
Message: <4afc600f$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Last night, it was so cold that I turned over in bed and ripped one of
> the muscles in my neck. I am now almost unable to move. o_O
>
> Seriously. Apparently you use your neck muscles for EVERYTHING. Even
> swallowing hurts! >_<
>
> Anybody have any sensible ideas on how to fix this? (I mean, other than
> just waiting for it to stop hurting in a few weeks' time...)

Usually, a percogesic and a foam neck brace. If the muscle is really
sore, a cream with methyl salicylate to bring some blood back into the
muscle.

Percogesic is paracematol and a antihistamine/relaxant. Methyl
salicylate cream is usually for arthritis, but helps for sprain/strains.
And a neck brace lets you try to relax your neck without worrying about
holding your head upright. All combined, it looks silly and makes you
smell like you bathed in altoid mints but works.