POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick C++ question... : Re: Quick C++ question... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick C++ question...
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2009 14:14:43
Message: <4afc5ea3$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I'll have to look at this again (and
>> look up some syntax to see what "x::y : z" means :-)
>
>   That might surprise many beginner and mid-level C++ programmers, but
> there's nothing special going on there.

Oh! OK. Heh. I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of needing or using
inner classes before, in any language, so it didn't leap out at me.

Oh! And A::B means class B inside class A, not class A inside class B. Wow,
that confused me for a bit.

I see that. Yes, that could work cleanly, if I wanted to redeclare every
function exported by DirectFB. Easier to kludge it in *this* case, but I'll
remember the trick for another time where I'm writing actual production
code. :-)

(Indeed, I'm doing the same thing with the "Player" vs "Player_private"
except I'm not making it an inner class. I'll have to think if that would
help anything.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)