POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Future implementations of Poseray. A wish list : Re: Future implementations of Poseray. Place of uv_mapping code Server Time
27 Apr 2024 20:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future implementations of Poseray. Place of uv_mapping code
From: Ive
Date: 12 Nov 2009 12:23:33
Message: <4afc4495@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> When using a transparency map instead of using the alpha channel, the code
> in Poseray should then also be as follows (note the place of uv_mapping)
> e.g.:
>
> //Material definitions
> #declare MyTexTex__opaque=
> texture {
>   uv_mapping
>   pigment { p_map1}
>   normal {MyNormal}
>   finish {MyFinish}
> }
> #declare MyTexTex_=
> material {
>   texture {
>     uv_mapping
>     pigment_pattern { p_map2}
>     texture_map {
>       [0 MyTex__opaque]
>       [1 pigment {Clear}]
>     }
>   }
> }

As a side note, usually I do use a construct like this:

#local MyTexTex_opaque =
  texture {
    uv_mapping
    pigment { p_map1}
    normal {MyNormal}
    finish {MyFinish}
  }

#local MyTexTex_trans =
  texture {
    uv_mapping
    pigment { p_map1 transmit 1}
    normal {MyNormal}
    finish {MyFinishButWithoutAnySpecularPhongAndReflection}
  }

  #declare MyTexTex_=
  material {
    texture {
      uv_mapping
      pigment_pattern { p_map2}
      texture_map {
        [0 MyTex_opaque]
        [1 MyTex_trans]
      }
    }
  }

This does not make *much* of a difference but occasionally for closeup
shots and things like lace pattern or trans-mapped hair it looks better.

-Ive