POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pain : Re: Pain Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pain
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Nov 2009 09:41:15
Message: <4afc1e8b$1@news.povray.org>
M_a_r_c wrote:

> Usually muscular pain caused by cold is a painful reflex  contraction of the
> muscle being painful (one of the ideas God should be sued for ;-)

Mmm, nice.

> As said Stephen : ibuprophene, paracetamol or better, a muscle relaxant you
> could get prescribed by your doctor.

Heh, yeah well, says on the packet to "consult your doctor if symptons
persist for more than 3 days".

> The 1st cure is to  get your neck warm (a lamp aimed at the painful zone or
> a long hot shower) and rest.

I tried a hot shower. Didn't seem to do much.

(Interestingly, Wikipedia recommeds compression with ice...)

> Consider purchasing a good orthopaedic pillow, I had frequent neck problems
> before I got one.

This only happens when it's not warm enough. Never ever happens in
summer, only in winter when the heating isn't turned up enough.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/