POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pain : Re: Pain Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pain
From: M a r c
Date: 12 Nov 2009 07:50:34
Message: <4afc049a$1@news.povray.org>

4afc014d$1@news.povray.org...
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Last night, it was so cold that I turned over in bed and ripped one of
>> the muscles in my neck. I am now almost unable to move. o_O
>>
>> Seriously. Apparently you use your neck muscles for EVERYTHING. Even
>> swallowing hurts! >_<
>>
>> Anybody have any sensible ideas on how to fix this? (I mean, other than
>> just waiting for it to stop hurting in a few weeks' time...)
>>

> Chop your head off :P
>
> Seriously, ibuprophene gel or even tablets. It really depends on what you

Usually muscular pain caused by cold is a painful reflex  contraction of the
muscle being painful (one of the ideas God should be sued for ;-)
As said Stephen : ibuprophene, paracetamol or better, a muscle relaxant you
could get prescribed by your doctor.
The 1st cure is to  get your neck warm (a lamp aimed at the painful zone or
a long hot shower) and rest.
Consider purchasing a good orthopaedic pillow, I had frequent neck problems
before I got one.

Marc