POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: scott
Date: 12 Nov 2009 06:46:18
Message: <4afbf58a$1@news.povray.org>
> Obviously I no longer have the letter any more, but it basically said "as
> per our contract, we owe you £25, here's your cheque".

Was it insured 3rd party or fully comp?

> I'm not disputing the logic of your claim. I'm just saying it seems rather
> unjust that I have to financially cripple myself

700 pounds a year, financially cripple?

> to pay to fix somebody's property when they can easily afford many times
> over what I can afford - especially given that I haven't actually damaged
> it yet! (And, in fact, I never did in the end...)

Look at it from the Audi driver's perspective:

What is unjust is if I drive my $100k Audi safely and some little teenage
twerp who can't drive smacks straight into it doing 100 on a 60 limit in his
50 quid rust bucket and writes off my car.  Why the hell should I have to
pay for that idiot who shouldn't even be allowed to drive?

It's just unlucky that you (and me) were/are young males, we get charged a
shed load for car insurance whether we like it or not, purely because other
young males have lots of accidents.  Besides, after 4 or 5 years accident
free your insurance should be down to just a couple of hundred pounds, but
don't tell me you just pay up when the insurance company sends the renewal
notice and don't shop around?

And by the way, nobody is forcing you to run a car, if you moved closer to
work, or found a job closer to home you wouldn't need one.  How much would
you save?