POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
8 Oct 2024 21:59:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: scott
Date: 12 Nov 2009 06:25:28
Message: <4afbf0a8$1@news.povray.org>
>> You didn't haggle with them?
>
> Why? It's not like they're going to change their mind.

Yes they will, it's up for discussion, in fact I think in the letter they
send it even says how to proceed if you want to dispute the amount.

>> They are meant to give you an amount necessary to replace the item that
>> was stolen/written off, it's up to you to prove to them how much you need
>> for that.
>
> How many cars have you seen on sale for £75 recently?

Exactly, so you just accepted it?  They offer stupidly low amounts like this
because they know that some people will just accept it without arguing -
they might as well at least try with everyone!  After you've sent them
examples of similar cars with similar age and mileage and exerts from
Parkers, they usually pretty much match the going rate to replace the car.

>> Your 700 per year is because you are more likely (as a young male) to
>> smash into someones $100k Audi or BMW (or force the driver to need years
>> of medical care), not because your car might get stolen or you crash it.
>
> Heh. Yeah. As if somebody who can afford a $100k Audi needs the money...

He needs it to replace his car that you have just smashed - I'd say *you*
need that $100k more than he does seeing as you owe him $100k now!