POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Future implementations of Poseray. A wish list : Re: Future implementations of Poseray. Place of uv_mapping code Server Time
27 Apr 2024 09:44:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future implementations of Poseray. Place of uv_mapping code
From: Ive
Date: 12 Nov 2009 05:38:17
Message: <4afbe599@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> #declare My_Figure_=
> union {
> object{My_Figure_1_  uv_mapping material{MyTex_1_}}
> object{My_Figure_2_  uv_mapping material{MyTex_2_}}
> etc...
> }
>
> This construction provides a correct render of the transparancy of the alpha
> channel.
>
> Thomas

I see your point but as I do never use the material files as generated
by PoseRay this would force me to also edit the geometry file every time
I convert an object file. I *need* separate control about the pigment or
normals or both being uv_mapped for multiple reasons.

A solution that should help us both would be to put the uv_mapping
statement directly into the texture block and not into the
pigment/normal blocks like:

material {
   texture {
     uv_mapping
     pigment {MyPigment}
     normal {MyNormal}
   }
}

As far as I do remember this does also solve the transparency by alpha
channel problem.

-Ive