POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:09:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: scott
Date: 12 Nov 2009 03:42:42
Message: <4afbca82@news.povray.org>
> Maybe I'm just bitter. I paid £900 for a moped. When it was stolen, they
> gave me £25. Later I paid $1,200 for a car. When it was crashed, they gave
> me £75.

You didn't haggle with them?  They *always* offer a ridiculously small
amount to start with, after you complain a few times that your bike/car was
worth way more than that with some evidence (eg print-outs and newspaper
cut-outs) they give you *a lot* more.  They are meant to give you an amount
necessary to replace the item that was stolen/written off, it's up to you to
prove to them how much you need for that.

> I mean, seriously, it was *so* worth paying £700 per year in insurance
> premiums for that.

Your 700 per year is because you are more likely (as a young male) to smash
into someones $100k Audi or BMW (or force the driver to need years of
medical care), not because your car might get stolen or you crash it.