POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vulnerable technology : Re: Vulnerable technology Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vulnerable technology
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Nov 2009 18:24:16
Message: <4afb47a0$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:32:43 +0100, clipka wrote:

>>> Where the hell is the *second* world, anyway??
>>
>> The USSR member nations and their allies, IIRC.
>
> Yes, I guess so (except that it's no longer USSR anymore). China, too, I
> think.

China might be,  The reference I found was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Second_World

> As a random guess, I'd say Latin America might mostly fall in that
> category, too.

Nope, that's counted as third world according to the reference page.

> India? Pakistan?

Also third world.

> I guess the boundaries have also shifted since the term was coined.

Very possibly - it's an economic delimiter, and could well have changed.
I note that Cuba (I'm guessing from the picture) is in the 2nd world as
well.

Jim