POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vulnerable technology : Re: Vulnerable technology Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vulnerable technology
From: clipka
Date: 11 Nov 2009 16:13:44
Message: <4afb2908$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible schrieb:

> The last set of traffic lights I stopped at doesn't even detect whether
> there's any traffic. The lights just change every 45 seconds. Even at
> 2AM when there are no cars, every 45 seconds the lights change. What do
> you need a computer for?

But you do know that there /are/ traffic lights that are a bit more
sophisticated than that, no? ;-)

Some cities actually have all their main roads' traffic lights networked
somehow.

> I guess it depends on whether you're talking about *computers* not
> working, or "anything that requires electricity".

Now if a computer /hacker/ can down a power grid (as has happened
already; or was it a virus? Don't recall), then one is not so far from
the other, is it?