POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: clipka
Date: 11 Nov 2009 15:49:14
Message: <4afb234a$1@news.povray.org>
scott schrieb:

> I wonder how much power you need to transmit with to be heard that far
> away?
>
> I mean isn't the transmitter on Voyager or whatever about to go out of
> range, and that's only just left our own solar system!

Well, the mission was /designed/ to cover the solar system only, so the
transmission system was laid out to fit the bill at the lowest weight
possible.

It wasn't even designed to last that long, and only technological
advancements in receiver technology have made it possible to keep
contact over so many decades.