POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Nov 2009 15:04:32
Message: <4afb18d0$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> No. The house you mortgaged. Read your mortgage. It'll likely tell you
>> what you mortgaged.
>
> Uhuh. And if the house doesn't even exist any more...?

     \O/

Seriously, some places have "no-recourse mortgages", some don't. You'd have
to read up on the laws where you bought the house. A no-recourse loan means
they only get back the house, not anything else, and then you're out of debt.

Plus, the land is still of value.  Probably moreso than the house was.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)