POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Nov 2009 12:09:42
Message: <4afaefd6$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> I would be homeless, and financially destitute. The bank isn't going

>>> to let you stop paying the morgage just because your house burned to

>>> the ground.
>>
>> The bank has no way to force you to pay the mortgage. At least around

>> here. They'll just take whatever's left.
>
> In other words, everything I own that has some kind of liquidity.

No. The house you mortgaged. Read your mortgage. It'll likely tell you wh
at
you mortgaged.

Loan - the money you borrowed.
Note - the promise to pay it back.
Mortgage - what happens if you don't.

> Besides, don't they just throw you in jail indefinitely if you have no

> money? These are banks we're talking about here; they *always* get thei
> money back.

Uh, I'm pretty sure that was gone by the Victorian era.

> 2. House prices appear to start at around £300,000 or so. The very
 best,
> most unobtainable jobs pay £30,000/year. That's a pretty friggin h
uge gap.

You need a better job.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)