POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
9 Oct 2024 03:55:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Nov 2009 11:35:22
Message: <4afae7ca$1@news.povray.org>
>> I would be homeless, and financially destitute. The bank isn't going
>> to let you stop paying the morgage just because your house burned to
>> the ground.
>
> The bank has no way to force you to pay the mortgage. At least around
> here. They'll just take whatever's left.

In other words, everything I own that has some kind of liquidity.

Besides, don't they just throw you in jail indefinitely if you have no
money? These are banks we're talking about here; they *always* get their
money back.

> But that's what insurance is for.
>
>> And with no house to sell, it is impossible to buy a replacement.
>
> You need a better job.

1. This is not news. ;-)

2. House prices appear to start at around £300,000 or so. The very best,
most unobtainable jobs pay £30,000/year. That's a pretty friggin huge gap.