POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Nov 2009 11:32:12
Message: <4afae70c$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:54:56 -0800, Darren New wrote:
>
>> Try to delete files more than a week old out of /tmp without ever giving
>> anyone the opportunity to delete /etc/passwd, for example.
>
> I think this is exactly what tmpwatch is intended to do.....

Well, yes. I meant "using a shell script". Someone wrote tmpwatch exactly
because getting this sort of thing right is almost impossible to do, with
the number of ways you can put junk into file names that make shell scripts
break. (Indeed, that's the reason GNU had to add the -0 arguments to find et
al.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)