POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Nov 2009 11:29:10
Message: <4afae656$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Sure. But I also know that an insurance company's job is to not pay out
> under any circumstances whatsoever.

Some are, some aren't. If your house burns entirely to the ground, it would
be hard to argue that you weren't due all the money the policy was worth.

>> Doesn't the bank demand that your house is insured against burning
>> down (and various other stuff) before giving you a mortgage?
>
> I have no idea.

Certainly in this country.

> I don't know precisely how bankrupcy works, but presumably it means I
> get to lose all my savings, my pension and my car.

Not in this country.

> Either way, exactly how many decades do you estimate it would take to
> save up the astronomical sum required for a deposit?

It took me about 3 or 4 years.

> No matter which way you look at it, a computer is the least of my worries.

True. And of course, you don't have any friends, either, who might be able
to print out pictures for you off your hard drive. ;-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)