POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid News : Re: World Community Grid News Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid News
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 11 Nov 2009 11:26:07
Message: <4afae59f$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/10/09 21:21, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Having a AIDS vaccine would be quite direct benefit IMO. Protein folding

	Not unless the company charges a ridiculously high price and refuses to
publicize key items that make it work.

	Had they not been allowed to do so by the TOS in the project, then more
companies would be allowed to manufacture it. That would be a case where
such a project would hurt the TOS.

> The World Community Grid has more than 400 Partners world wide each
> helping in some special way to the WCG, you think that IBM and all these
> Partners wanna make something dumb and screw everyone over? by making
> all private when the research was public? I certainly think not.

	I'd rather base my opinion on explicit statements by the parties
involved, and not on "what makes sense".

> Check the site it a grid for the good of Humanity, is all that it is, it
> explains nicely everything you want to know and then there is a Forum,

	OK - As I said, I didn't go to the site. I was merely pointing out that
the _concern_ is valid.

--
Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.