POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Color conversion : Re: Color conversion Server Time
2 May 2024 19:49:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color conversion
From: Ive
Date: 11 Nov 2009 10:56:12
Message: <4afade9c@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Taken care of by whom? Well, thats a rhetoric question 'cause
>> obviously you do *NOT* use chromatic adaption but again and in more
>> detail: chromatic adaption is *ALWAYS NEEDED* when your target color
>> space uses a whitepoint that differs from D50 and the source xyz is
>> referring to reflective colors (as Munsell) and not to emitted colors
>> (as spectral data).
>
> Doesn't that depend on whether he wants to reproduce the exact XYZ
> colour on his monitor, or the colour that the surface would have looked
> if lit with the same white point as his monitor rather than the original
> white?

I'm talking about the correct conversion xyY to s(c)RGB and nothing
else. How exact the reproduction on any kind of monitor will be depends
on quality and calibration of that device and has nothing to do with the
  color space conversion itself. The second half of your sentence does
not make much sense.

-Ive