POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: scott
Date: 11 Nov 2009 05:12:31
Message: <4afa8e0f$1@news.povray.org>
> I don't know about you, but if my house burnt down, this would be a
> catastrophy. I would be homeless, and financially destitute. The bank
> isn't going to let you stop paying the morgage just because your house
> burned to the ground. And with no house to sell, it is impossible to buy a
> replacement. I'd basically be homeless for the rest of my life. I wouldn't
> be able to *afford* a computer! Why would I care about some holiday photos
> when I'm going to be spending the rest of my life on the streets?

You ever heard of this thing called insurance?  Doesn't the bank demand that
your house is insured against burning down (and various other stuff) before
giving you a mortgage?

Besides, AIUI once you are declared bankrupt you can start again afresh, so
assuming you didn't lose your job just rent somewhere until you can save up
enough deposit to buy a new house.