POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Nov 2009 04:34:59
Message: <4afa8543$1@news.povray.org>
>> Compared to sitting still watching the game on TV, it involves *a lot*
>> of muscle. ;-) And I can't really imagine that baseball requires less
>> muscle power than football...
>
> I think you haven't watched a lot of football.

I make a point of not watching it, yes.

> I suspect football players run more
> in 10 minutes than a whole ball team runs in an entire game.

Wait - are we talking about American Football here?

>> I rephrase: I can run very, very fast indeed. I can't do this for more
>> than a few seconds, however.
>
> That's just practice. Really. When I first started doing stairmaster
> exercise, I couldn't go for more than 5 minutes or so. Within maybe 3
> weeks of trying three times a day, a full half hour at a higher
> difficulty setting isn't even difficult.

Heh. Last night, I set a new personal best for fastest dancing. ;-) Damn
that was crazy!

There is apparently something wrong with my brain. When I come home from
a dance class absolutely dripping with sweat and gasping for breath, I
find myself thinking "yeah, that was a really great evening". It's like
I *enjoy* hurting myself. o_O