POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vulnerable technology : Re: Vulnerable technology Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vulnerable technology
From: scott
Date: 11 Nov 2009 03:36:40
Message: <4afa7798@news.povray.org>
> Of course what you say is true, but all those societal elements were
> evolved
> TO. If today's tech was to disappear tomorrow, we'd suddenly have a
> regression to a level far below what we had in the early 20th. Until we
> can
> re-establish the "outmoded" technologies and technological base (like
> steam
> power) that were cutting edge in say, 1920.

Yeh, it still massively surprises me how anything can be designed or made
without computers and the internet.  Basically ever since I started work
*everything* was designed via CAD systems and almost-instant internet
exchange of data.  I often ask some of the older people working for my
company how stuff worked before, it is really interesting, and explains why
things can be made so much more efficiently today.