POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 11 Nov 2009 01:32:30
Message: <4afa5a7d@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> You think dropping a tape and having the case crack and spill tape all
> over doesn't happen, or chipping or cracking a DVD? :-)

I've done both, the thing is, a portable HDD has more mass, so it tends to
hurt itself worse when hitting the floor after leaving a hand at 1.2m or so
above the ground.

I've often dropped uncased DVDs (I'm a clumsy oaf sometimes) and I've yet to
break one. Dropped a few DAT tapes as well, and that QIC like crap - never
had a problem.
--
Stefan Viljoen