POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the problems with the Blender UI : Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 11 Nov 2009 01:06:23
Message: <4afa545f@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> Point is that enoughly motivated people can do wonders with Blender if
> they just sit to learn to use it rather than complain of perceived
> limitations.  Isn't it true for everything we do, actually?  C
> programming, anyone? short code Povray?...

You may be right... I've been playing with Pov for a few years, and each
time I see some IRTC stuff I just realize once again how much I still have
to learn and how far I still need to go. But it is true that the more time
you invest in something, the better you SHOULD get - and hey, for the price
(completely free) you surely can't complain about what you get in Blender.
If you'd paid real MONEY for it though, it can be considered a bit... crap,
I guess.

As I said, it works just fine for my for odd geometry, but not for much
else. I write PHP for a living, so maybe Pov's more "programmatic" feel is
more appealing than the completely visual orientation / bias of Blender.

--
Stefan Viljoen