POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid News : Re: World Community Grid News Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid News
From: somebody
Date: 10 Nov 2009 20:42:58
Message: <4afa16a2$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote in message
> Saul Luizaga schrieb:
> >
> >  You can download it at WCG (www.worldcommunitygrid.org) or at Berkeley
> > University (boinc.berkeley.edu).
>
> What I have trouble with is the question, "who benefits?"

What do you mean who benefits? All those poor drug companies who cannot make
ends meet to invest on computer hardware benefit. Computer hardware
manufacturers, power companies, tenure track scientists benefit. Isn't that
enough to make you (and your computer) feel warm and fuzzy inside?

I guess you could say that I am past the age of blissful idealism.