POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid News : Re: World Community Grid News Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid News
From: clipka
Date: 10 Nov 2009 17:56:24
Message: <4af9ef98@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga schrieb:

>  You can download it at WCG (www.worldcommunitygrid.org) or at Berkeley
> University (boinc.berkeley.edu).

What I have trouble with is the question, "who benefits?" - I don't see
this explicitly answered at a prominent place, which to me raises the
question why that is so.

Who qualifies to use the WCG? Who decides who qualifies? Are the
scientific results published without a fee, or will I have to pay to see
the research results my computer has helped generating?