POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the problems with the Blender UI : Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI
From: nemesis
Date: 10 Nov 2009 12:59:36
Message: <4af9aa08@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> I *did* learn Blender, enough to consistently run into bugs in Blender
> that aren't in other packages that do the same sorts of things. The
> interface is awful, it's mostly undocumented

I disagree.  It's probably much more documented than most other free
tools out there, thanks to tons of community generated tutorials,
video-tutorials, wiki entries, wiki learning trails etc.  "Manual does
not come with the software" is not meaningful in this day and age when
the every PC comes with "the internet".  And the proper links are just
there in Blender's Help menu.

>, and it's *still* the most
> powerful package out there for the sorts of things I want to do. It's
> just a shame that if I stop modeling for six months I have to start over
> from scratch on the learning curve for a program that I haven't
> changed.  And *that* is objectively a sign of a bad UI.

or a sign of way too much features.  Kinda like C++... :) (it's a joke,
Warp)...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9