POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about imperial units : Re: Question about imperial units Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about imperial units
From: scott
Date: 10 Nov 2009 11:23:51
Message: <4af99397$1@news.povray.org>

>>> It is only incorrect if you're in nitpicking mode and the speaker didn't
>>> explicitly define the expression.
>>
>>   It's not nitpicking if the expression cannot be easily understood.
>
> Maybe it can pretty well be understood in areas where the language is
> spoken natively?

In the UK at least, I think "10 feet square" would be universally understood
by everyone to mean a square shaped area with sides of length 10 feet.
Doing a quick google.co.uk of "feet square" reveals this to be the case.  It
might not be scientifically correct, but everyone where I come from
understands it like that.