POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about imperial units : Re: Question about imperial units Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about imperial units
From: clipka
Date: 10 Nov 2009 11:02:36
Message: <4af98e9c$1@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:

>>>   Of course such an expression is quite incorrect, technically speaking.
>>> Squares cannot be measured in feet or meters. The *sides* of the squares can.
>
>> It is only incorrect if you're in nitpicking mode and the speaker didn't
>> explicitly define the expression.
>
>   It's not nitpicking if the expression cannot be easily understood.

Maybe it can pretty well be understood in areas where the language is
spoken natively?

It seems to me that you're trying to prove that a language is incorrect,
while a language never is. It can be confusing, ambiguous, or whatever,
but never /incorrect/; if there's anything incorrect about a language,
it's always individual persons' /use/ of that language.