POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
9 Oct 2024 06:58:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Nov 2009 10:27:59
Message: <4af9867f$1@news.povray.org>
>> I often buy from Maplin because 1) I don't have to wait for it to be
>> delivered, 2) their staff actually have a frickin clue, and 3) they
>> don't argue about returns.
>
> Sometimes expediency is worth the extra cost - as is the ability to get
> something replaced without a hassle.

Maplin are pretty much the best electronics shop around.

I mean, apart from being the *only* place in all of Christendom which
can sell you (say) a 50kohm resistor, their staff have a clue about what
they're supposed to be selling, and if you take something back they will
exchange it or give you your money back (provided it isn't obviously
busted).

Their website utterly sucks, by the way...