POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the problems with the Blender UI : Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 10 Nov 2009 01:35:46
Message: <4af909c1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:

> On 11/8/2009 4:10 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> You go back to it after a couple months not using it, and even the
>> simple trivial stuff like making a box bigger is once again completely
>> unobvious. Sheesh.
>
> One day Blender, The GIMP, Inkscape and Wings3D will all be great
> programs. Maybe on par with Firefox and Thunderbird.
>
> Mike

Yeah one day... I think it might also be typical "internal tool" sickness
that runs like a thread through the entire Blender app. I. e. Blender was
never intended to be publically usable or distributed, it was developed as
an internal animation tool for specialized use, by people and for people
who were assumed to already be very knowledgeable in how (and why) it
works, and what it does. If you had a question, you just shouted across the
hallway for the guy who -wrote- that function or feature, thus obviating
documentation. Of course, the public does NOT have this recourse, and from
there all the UI troubles.
--
Stefan Viljoen