POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the problems with the Blender UI : Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 10 Nov 2009 01:30:13
Message: <4af90874@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Actually, I think the real problem with all the modelers is they all want
> you to do operations that fit well with their internal data structures,
> and they all treat solids as connected surfaces. So, for example, you
> can't take a cube and drill a hole through it. You have to first add
> vertexes to edges,
> connect them, then delete the faces in the middle, and etc.  There's CSG,
> but that's still not quite the same thing, methinks. It's not like clay

I agree - the few times I've played around with blender, the first thing
that irritated the hell of me was not having "Pov-like" CSG that works
well. Probably did something wrong, but trying blender CSG always seems
to "shatter" vertices around the interface point, making it neigh
impossible to do anything else with the object after the difference was
applied - it turned -black- with all the thousands of vertices generated by
the boolean op.

--
Stefan Viljoen