POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: clipka
Date: 9 Nov 2009 14:54:45
Message: <4af87385$1@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:

>   Unrelated, but I have been starting to wonder about that.
>
>   Here if I want to buy a piece of hardware, I go to the store and buy it.
> That's it.
>
>   However, I have seen tons and tons of people use that exact expression,
> ie. "ordered <piece of hardware>, will arrive in <some amount of> days".
>
>   Is this somehow different there (wherever it might be)? Is it that there
> aren't any computer hardware stores nearby and you have to buy them
> remotely and get them by mail or something? Or is it that stores don't
> have hardware in stock, they just order them on demand?

I guess it depends on how picky you are.

If all you want is "a new 2TB hard drive", go out and get it.

If you want a Seagate ST-FOO-23XUELX32-B, and no, the other brand's
equivalent won't do, then you'll probably need to wait.

It also probably depends on whether you want the cheapest, in which case
you'll probably end up buying on the internet, at some company that
doesn't have to pay people to personally greet, help and/or keep an eye
on you.