POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Warp
Date: 9 Nov 2009 14:33:07
Message: <4af86e73@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Have ordered a new one, which will arrive in two or so days.

  Unrelated, but I have been starting to wonder about that.

  Here if I want to buy a piece of hardware, I go to the store and buy it.
That's it.

  However, I have seen tons and tons of people use that exact expression,
ie. "ordered <piece of hardware>, will arrive in <some amount of> days".

  Is this somehow different there (wherever it might be)? Is it that there
aren't any computer hardware stores nearby and you have to buy them
remotely and get them by mail or something? Or is it that stores don't
have hardware in stock, they just order them on demand?

--
                                                          - Warp