POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Nov 2009 12:08:04
Message: <4af84c74$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> Read a while ago that the RAF had to pay compensation to almost a hundred
> car owners - one of their air-defense "steerable-array" radars went haywire
> and scanned over a road - they burned out almost every vehicle's ignition
> and fuel injection microprocessors with the radar beam!

I occasionally hear a fighter jet come overhead and then hear my garage door
opening. Happens about five times a year.  I live near Mirimar (aka "Top
Gun"), so we get fighter jets overhead pretty regularly.  Many times a day
where I was working across the road.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)