POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the problems with the Blender UI : Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Nov 2009 11:53:22
Message: <4af84902$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> I wonder if the upcoming 2.5 revamp is going to make it much easier or
> harder, and how well existing Blender experience will translate for users
> who must now use a new interface...

I must say, I was quite amused how one video talking about it said how very
cool it was that you could right-click on a button and tell it to show you
the documentation for it, like this wasn't technology back in Win3.1. :-)

Even more amusing was the person going on to say "I won't do it, because it
doesn't work yet, but..."

Yeah, it'll probably help once people get around to filling in what all the
buttons do on the right pages of the Wiki it references. I just think
Blender isn't quite ready to be used by someone uninterested in contributing.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)