POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: clipka
Date: 9 Nov 2009 11:45:59
Message: <4af84747$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen schrieb:

> Read a while ago that the RAF had to pay compensation to almost a hundred
> car owners - one of their air-defense "steerable-array" radars went haywire
> and scanned over a road - they burned out almost every vehicle's ignition
> and fuel injection microprocessors with the radar beam!

Ouch!

That reminds me of the tale told by an old acquaintance of mine, who had
served on some air-defense radar installation, of how they'd keep an
older fellow soldier at bay when he got all enraged and charging for the
hilltop bunker they were sitting in.

You know, the old guy had a pacemaker... so pace he did make when he saw
those radar antennae slowly closing in on his direction...