POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: POV RAY 2D : Re: Q: POV RAY 2D Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: POV RAY 2D
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 9 Nov 2009 08:21:23
Message: <4af81752@news.povray.org>
Dudo wrote:

> I'd like to ask, if it is possible to be using the POVRAY also for
> rendering 2D pictures, such like 2D charts and color maps. Could you give
> me some recommendation, if the POVRAY is useful for such the purpose o if
> there exists an alternative program for 2D which you know..
>
> Thanks a lot,

Isn't this wat "ortho" (orthographic) in a camera{} statement is for?

Blender's got an orthographic mode too, if I'm not mistaken, that seems to
work just fine. It's a completely different horse from PovRay though, and
will be quite strange to get used to if you've never seen it before.

http://blender3d.org

--
Stefan Viljoen