POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : prisms : Re: prisms Server Time
8 Jul 2024 01:44:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: prisms
From: clipka
Date: 8 Nov 2009 13:32:30
Message: <4af70ebe$1@news.povray.org>
colaroid schrieb:
> can someone explain to me some of the notation in the pov-ray help files. I
> looked in the help for how to make a prism and it gave this:
>
> PRISM:
>  { [PRISM_ITEMS] F_HEIGHT1, F_HEIGHT2, I_NUM_POINTS, POINT_LIST [open]
> [PRISM_MODIFIERS] }
> PRISM_ITEMS:
> [PRISM_SPLINE_TYPE] & [PRISM_SWEEP_TYPE]
> PRISM_SPLINE_TYPE:
> linear_spline | quadratic_spline | cubic_spline | bezier_spline
> PRISM_SWEEP_TYPE:
> linear_sweep | conic_sweep
> PRISM_MODIFIERS:
> [sturm [BOOL]] & [OBJECT_MODIFIERS]
>
> what do the F/I and in other areas V terms mean? I can't work out how to do a
> prism from this information

F_*, I_* and V_* indicate that the parameter is to be a floating-point
value, an integer value, or a vector value, respectively.

"[FOO]" means that the respective parameter or parameter group is optional.

"FOO | BAR" means that you must specify either "FOO" or "BAR".

I'm not sure off the top of my hat whether "FOO & BAR" denotes that you
must specify "FOO" followed by "BAR", or whether you can specify them in
any order. I think it's the former.