POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma tutorial for the 3.7 documentation? : Re: Gamma tutorial for the 3.7 documentation? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:04:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma tutorial for the 3.7 documentation?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 7 Nov 2009 07:46:47
Message: <4af56c37@news.povray.org>
news:4aa3a4e0@news.povray.org...
>  Preferably this tutorial would be somewhere in the documentation that
> makes
> it prominent and visible, rather then buried under hundreds of similar
> subsections.

I see that there has been some activity on the Wiki with this issue ...

I have some ideas on places in the docs this should go:

In the reference there is already a section on setting display gamma:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_1.1#Setting_your_Display_Gamma

or

A new sub-section in the tutorial advanced features section with a link in:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_1#Introduction

perhaps expanding the list item 3 sentence in the intro to include a mention
gamma, radiosity ... whatever.

any other ideas?

Jim