POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An armed society is a safe society : Re: An armed society is a safe society Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An armed society is a safe society
From: somebody
Date: 6 Nov 2009 21:09:40
Message: <4af4d6e4@news.povray.org>
"Stefan Viljoen" <pov### [at] polardcom> wrote in message

> Thus the argument that "if everybody was armed, it would have turned out
> differently" still holds true. Merely being a soldier on a military base
> doesn't necessarily mean you are armed, no more than being a civilian in a
> country that allows citizens private firearms means you are armed at any
> given moment.

And you trust civilians will be so much more diligent in being armed *and*
better trained? If someone can kill 13 in a military complex in the blink of
an eye, what chance do grandma and Mr. CouchPotato stand? If we are going to
believe in a utopic society where every citizen is armed, trained and
sensible, why not believe in a utopic one where nobody needs a gun?